FAQ Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is responsible for this?
- Steve Atkins of Word to the Wise.
- What else do you do?
- Consulting on email issues, including delivery problems, policy
and procedure development, best practices.
- We develop Abacus, a high performance email management software for
abuse desks, security desks and ESPs.
- Technical assistance and expert witness services for lawyers working on
Internet related cases, especially user identification, DNS and email issues.
- How do I contact you?
- Where does the data come from?
- All the data displayed on this site is from publicly available data sources.
That include the global DNS system, and data mirrored from other sites.
- How is DNS resolution handled?
- Many of the tools here use DNS as part of their functionality. Mostly they
use a local DNS resolver, rather than contacting authoritative servers directly.
Usually that would lead to a problem of "bad" results being cached, when you're
modifying your DNS while using this site to examine it - we avoid that by using
a modified DNS resolver that discards all cached data after no more than sixty
seconds, regardless of the TTL of the records.